Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Anyway, I was getting ready to open the door and then my key broke. INSIDE the key hole, so any effort of trying to get it out without taking the whole door handle contraption is impossible.
Yeah, it sucks.
So yeah, it's only one week into December and it's not my month.
(next year better be better or I'm gonna shoot something)
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Friday, November 11, 2011
Friday, October 28, 2011
I wish I had friends here in Cedar City. I've been here three months and I only hangout with two people. Jessie and Cash. I don't mind it because I like hanging out with them. But I wish I had more friends to hang with when they are at work or gone.
I wish I could go to the Howl tonight or to a football game or some kind of school activity. Cash would go if I dragged him to it, but he'd rather be at home working on something or just hanging around. So there's no fun in it when he doesn't want to be there. And I'm always working at night so any activity after 5 is completely out of quesiton.
I wish I could have the courage to make new friends. Yeah, I know people in my classes but other than that there is no socializing.
I wish I had the endurance to start exercising and eating healthier. All I do is eat Panda Express, Del Taco, or other fast foods and drink soda in my room until work. I want to be outside walking or running. More likely walking since asthma and a heart murmur is a runners enemy. But I bet if I got in shape my asthma and murmur wouldn't be a problem. I want to be the size I was in high school. I wasn't the skinniest but it's alot better than the way I look now.
I wish I could express my feelings more instead of hiding them all in. My color personality is red/blue. It sucks. Why? Here's the reason why it sucks:
The most difficult color combinations is Red and Blue. If you are strong in both categories (DING DING! That's me.) you will often find yourself steppin one someone's toes to get a task completed (RED), but feeling guilty afterward for making that person unhappy (BLUE). So pretty much I'm hungry for power, want to be productive, I want to look good to others, shouldn't be taken too seriously and seek leadership opportunities. But yet, I also am motivated by altruism, crave intimacy, need to be loved, and is directed by a strong moral conscience. I know that they don't really look like opposites, but if you Google both colors they are pretty opposite. It sucks.
I wish I had more hours at work so that I don't sit on my butt and do nothing all day long. I've considered leaving Lin's in St. George in order to get a cashier job at either the Lin's here in Cedar or even Smith's. But it's the fact that I know I can go home and I still have a job to rely on if I needed it. That I could go from produce and back to checking. But it's the fact that I don't want to work at a grocery store the rest of my life and the fact that I don't want to leave my Lin's family.
I wish I could have the courage/knowledge/strength to know what I really want to do in my college career. I've had so much time on my hands I've been bouncing back and forth of dropping out of school and attending hair school, or joining the marines. I don't know what field I want to go into and I don't know if I should pursue a teaching job. But I don't want to become one of the students that has been there for so long I could have four degrees but no major since I can't decide.
And the big one.
I wish I had strength to attend church. I've been thinking about attending sacrament but alas, I have no one to go with. I kinda want to go to church, but I fear that I will become part of the group that I tried so hard in high school to avoid because they wouldn't accept me. I don't want to become someone who is so into the church that my religion gets in the way of accepting people for who they are. I don't know if I want missionary lessons or to be baptized in the church since my entire family on both sides are waiting for the day for me to say I'm ready to join them. I don't want to marry in the temple, I don't want to go to relief society or have a calling. I just want to go to church and listen. I want to be accepted for who I am and my decisions without judgement and without fear. I want to be me. I want to be able to go to church and then go shopping after. I want to do what I want to do without having others judge me for my decisions.
How do I do that?
Friday, September 30, 2011
Thursday, September 15, 2011
ISV is the world leader in volunteer experiences and we are excited to give you the unique opportunity to make a difference by volunteering in Australia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, New Zealand, South Africa and Thailand. By combining meaningful volunteer projects with action-packed adventure, you can travel with purpose and change your life and the lives of those that you help (or the natural world) through your efforts. ISV has exceeded two million hours of volunteer work reaching impoverished people, protecting endangered species and habitats, as well as fostering responsible travel and cultural awareness around the world. Now it's up to you!It's up to me? Oh gee. That's kind of heavy to put onto one person. I don't know what to do, where to start, or even how to get the money just for my deposit. Brainstorming, here I come.
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Some people have amazing adventures during their college life, and others don't have any at all. I might be going down the road of not having any amazing adventures, but I want an adventure. I WANT to go make a difference in a different country. I WANT to have an experience of a life time that I could never forget. So this is my way of having an amazing adventure all in one.
I am currently signed up for a wonderful, amazing, unforgettable experience.Wanna know that it is??
- Humpback whale research and community education
- Teaching English and community building with native Indian trives
- Reforestation in Amazon and cloud forest reserves
- Building playgrounds and schools for children
- Community recycling programs
- Painting educational murals
- Developing sustainable organic farming initiatives
- Surveying and monitoring and threatened species and ecosystems
- Enviormental education programs for children.
(that's what I would be doing in Ecuador if I'm accepted. But basically the same in all different countries.)
And after two weeks of volunteering if I can save up enough from working multiple jobs and/or from donations I can spend ANOTHER two weeks doing amazing adventures in Ecuador as in:
- "Puenting" - Jumping off a bridge of a 30' pendulum swing over a raging river
- Rock climbing in the Andes
- Waterfall rappelling down a 90 ft waterfall
- Whale watching and snorkeling off the Pacific Coast
- Relaxing at a traditional holistic Spa with steam boxes
- Glacial treks on the world's highst active volcano, Cotopaxi
- White water rafting from the Cloud Forest to the Amazon Jungle,
- Exploring Otavalo, Latin America's largest market
- Personalized surfing instruction in the surf capital of Montanita.
OR I could go on an 8 day 8 night excursion to the beautiful ancient Machu Picchu.
Monday, August 29, 2011
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Saturday, August 6, 2011
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
(Just kidding. It's petroglyphs)
Thursday, June 9, 2011
They all lined up very nicely for me.
So that was one of my firsts, I came within five feet of a cow or should I say cattle since there were so many of them.
I would have taken more pictures BUT a cow step on my camera and broke it so now I'm cameraless until I "borrow" Cash's camera. Anyways the story on how my camera broke. . .
After we arrived and I took my pictures Cash and I went with Cash's cousin Josh to go get some of the cattle that didn't make it when uncle Ron rounded them up the day before. As we rode on the four wheeler to the other corral we had to round up some that were near the corral but yet not in the corral so we had to spook them to turn around and run into the corral. That didn't really work. We got one of the cows back in the corral but then the other one freaked and started charging at me. I thought if it would see me it would freak out and turn around. . . NOPE. It decided to charge towards me and I decided to dive out of the way. But when I dove, my camera fell out of my jacket pocket and then the mean cow ran over it. The sad part is that I didn't even realize that my camera was missing until later that day when I wanted to take pictures of seperating the calfs from the cows and then branding them.
So I don't really have any more pictures, but I do have something else to tell you all. I've decided that if my teaching doesn't work out I'm going to become a rancher or just become a professional cattle brander. Haha. Well all of the other firsts are not as exciting as my cow charging at me. But some of my others first are that I ate my first whole wheat pancake, helped brand my first calf, and slept in my first cabin/shaq. It was awesome. I had so much fun going to the ranch, Cash and I decided we will make it a tradition every year. So Ron, if you're reading this or one of your children's are count on us to be there every year.
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
The chain leading to the top.
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Aren't they cute?
I like the color and I know Cash likes it more than he would say. Besides he picked it out.
Well that's all I have for now. Oh and I"ll start back up on the 30 Day Challenge most likely tomorrow. I enjoyed doing the challenge, but I got so caught up in school and training for work that I didn't have much time to keep up with it. I wont start back at the beginning but I start back up where I left off.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Friday, April 8, 2011
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
My mom has the biggest impact on me. She is the one that has helped me make the biggest decisions in my life and will continue to forever and ever.
Short Term Goals for This Month and Why
Well since this month is pretty much gone. I'll tell you my short term goals for April.
1. As part of my weight loss challenge I have joined Weight Watchers with my Grandma Dove. And I LOVE it. We keep track of what we are eating and how much we eat. But my problem is I don't really keep track all that much and it has effected me to a point. So my goal for this month is reach my 10% weight loss and keep track of anything and everything that I eat.
2. Another short term goal is to practice for an upcoming 5K that is coming up in May. I should have posted about the Biggest Loser 5K that I ran with my mom and Kurt but I wont. It was a lot of fun. I want to start doing them more often. We finished in 45 minutes which isn't that bad for a first timer. (I think)
3. The last goal I have is to finish school with pretty good grades. Geology wont be very impressive, but I'll still be able to pass. I just need to stop having late nights with friends and sleeping in past my alarm in the mornings. Family Relationships is a blast so it's an easy A. Math will be tough. It's hard when your teacher doesn't even know what she is doing up in front of the class let alone trying to teach others. So I'm pretty much teaching myself which will be nice because it will make sense to me. We'll see how well I taught myself when Finals come up. And last but not least, Interpersonal Communication. I love this class and I ACTUALLY study for it so I'm pretty sure my grade will be pretty good in this class also.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
A list of 15 Songs that represent your life's sound track.
(I encourage you to listen to all of them or just a few. Whichever floats your boat.)
1. Count on Me - Bruno Mars (Just listening to the words remind me of relationships with friends.)
2. Here I Go Again - White Snake (Miriam and I just LOVE this song)
3. We Like to Party - Vengaboys (This song represents all of the boys in my family)
4. I'm Only Me When I'm With You - Taylor Swift (This song can go either way for a friend, family member, or a special someone. But this is for my mom, because I am my mother's daughter)
5. Break Your Heart - Taio Cruz (When I was younger, everyone said that I would become a heartbreaker, it's come true for some past things but not all)
6. Billionaire - Bruno Mars (I probably will never become a billionaire, but it's always fun to dream.)
7. Perfect Two - Auburn (Just listen to the song and you'll know what it's about ;)
8. If I Die Young - The Band Perry (It's a sad song, but I love it)
9. Like a G6 - Far East Movement ( I love the beat to dance to, but I'm also fly like a G6)
10. I've Got Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks (Everyone has friends in low places)
11. Don't Stop Believing - Journey (This song makes me feel better when tough times are around because it reminds me to "Don't Stop Believing")
12. Fireworks - Katy Perry (You just need to remember you're a firework. Show who you really are, shine not matter what)
13. Pretty Girl Rock - Keri Hilson (This is my anthem for every female in the world.)
14. Love Me or Hate Me - Lady Sovereign (Just what the chorus says "Love me or hate me it's still an obsession)
15. Don't Worry, Be Happy - Bob McFerrin (This song makes me feel better when I'm stressed.)
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Day 1- A picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
Day 2- A picture of something you cannot live without
Day 3- A habit that you wish you didn't have
Day 4- List 15 songs that represent your life's soundtrack
Day 5- A picture of somewhere you've been to
Day 6- A hobby you have
Day 7- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you
Day 8- Short term goals for this month and why
Day 9- Something/someone you're proud of
Day 10- A story about a past relationship
Day 11- A picture of something you dislike
Day 12- A picture of your room and don't cheat by cleaning. Share a secret
Day 13- Write a letter telling someone something you could never tell them in person
Day 14- A picture of something you ate and 10 confessions
Day 15- Put your iPod on shuffle and share the first 10 songs that play
Day 16- Something you could live without
Day 17- Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
Day 18- Plans/dreams/goals you have
Day 19- Nicknames you have and how or why you have them
Day 20- If you had 3 wishes, what would they be
Day 21- Share a picture from your day
Day 22- What makes you different from everyone else
Day 23- What is something you crave
Day 24- Share a story about your past that you are ashamed of
Day 26- Places you want to visit before you die
Day 27- Why are you doing this 3o Day Challenge
Day 28- A picture of you last year and now, how you have changed since then
Day 29- In this past month, what have you learned
Day 30- A picture of you today and 2 goals you want to accomplish
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Thursday, February 17, 2011
1. I turned 20 . . . YAY!!!
2. I enrolled into SUU for Fall Semester. . . SWEET!!
3. I have A's in all my classes. Besides math, but that's just a B.
4. And my best friend is getting married!! DOUBLE YAY!!!
Well, that's probably only the important things that has really happened that important so far. Hopefully I can get some more interesting stories to tell.
Monday, January 24, 2011
Oh! Yesterday my family, cash, and I took a fun trip up to Brian Head for my brother Andrew's birthday/christmas present. I would put pictures up but for some reason my picture card isn't working. So once I can figure out how to make it so it works I'll put them up. Until then you'll just have to wait until I have a story from my birthday next Sunday... WAHOO