Friday, September 30, 2011
Thursday, September 15, 2011
ISV is the world leader in volunteer experiences and we are excited to give you the unique opportunity to make a difference by volunteering in Australia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, New Zealand, South Africa and Thailand. By combining meaningful volunteer projects with action-packed adventure, you can travel with purpose and change your life and the lives of those that you help (or the natural world) through your efforts. ISV has exceeded two million hours of volunteer work reaching impoverished people, protecting endangered species and habitats, as well as fostering responsible travel and cultural awareness around the world. Now it's up to you!It's up to me? Oh gee. That's kind of heavy to put onto one person. I don't know what to do, where to start, or even how to get the money just for my deposit. Brainstorming, here I come.
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Some people have amazing adventures during their college life, and others don't have any at all. I might be going down the road of not having any amazing adventures, but I want an adventure. I WANT to go make a difference in a different country. I WANT to have an experience of a life time that I could never forget. So this is my way of having an amazing adventure all in one.
I am currently signed up for a wonderful, amazing, unforgettable experience.Wanna know that it is??
- Humpback whale research and community education
- Teaching English and community building with native Indian trives
- Reforestation in Amazon and cloud forest reserves
- Building playgrounds and schools for children
- Community recycling programs
- Painting educational murals
- Developing sustainable organic farming initiatives
- Surveying and monitoring and threatened species and ecosystems
- Enviormental education programs for children.
(that's what I would be doing in Ecuador if I'm accepted. But basically the same in all different countries.)
And after two weeks of volunteering if I can save up enough from working multiple jobs and/or from donations I can spend ANOTHER two weeks doing amazing adventures in Ecuador as in:
- "Puenting" - Jumping off a bridge of a 30' pendulum swing over a raging river
- Rock climbing in the Andes
- Waterfall rappelling down a 90 ft waterfall
- Whale watching and snorkeling off the Pacific Coast
- Relaxing at a traditional holistic Spa with steam boxes
- Glacial treks on the world's highst active volcano, Cotopaxi
- White water rafting from the Cloud Forest to the Amazon Jungle,
- Exploring Otavalo, Latin America's largest market
- Personalized surfing instruction in the surf capital of Montanita.
OR I could go on an 8 day 8 night excursion to the beautiful ancient Machu Picchu.