Some people have amazing adventures during their college life, and others don't have any at all. I might be going down the road of not having any amazing adventures, but I want an adventure. I WANT to go make a difference in a different country. I WANT to have an experience of a life time that I could never forget. So this is my way of having an amazing adventure all in one.
I am currently signed up for a wonderful, amazing, unforgettable experience.Wanna know that it is??
- Humpback whale research and community education
- Teaching English and community building with native Indian trives
- Reforestation in Amazon and cloud forest reserves
- Building playgrounds and schools for children
- Community recycling programs
- Painting educational murals
- Developing sustainable organic farming initiatives
- Surveying and monitoring and threatened species and ecosystems
- Enviormental education programs for children.
(that's what I would be doing in Ecuador if I'm accepted. But basically the same in all different countries.)
And after two weeks of volunteering if I can save up enough from working multiple jobs and/or from donations I can spend ANOTHER two weeks doing amazing adventures in Ecuador as in:
- "Puenting" - Jumping off a bridge of a 30' pendulum swing over a raging river
- Rock climbing in the Andes
- Waterfall rappelling down a 90 ft waterfall
- Whale watching and snorkeling off the Pacific Coast
- Relaxing at a traditional holistic Spa with steam boxes
- Glacial treks on the world's highst active volcano, Cotopaxi
- White water rafting from the Cloud Forest to the Amazon Jungle,
- Exploring Otavalo, Latin America's largest market
- Personalized surfing instruction in the surf capital of Montanita.
OR I could go on an 8 day 8 night excursion to the beautiful ancient Machu Picchu.