Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Resolution(s)?

For me, this is the most dreaded time of the year. Well, not really since my birthday is at the end of this month :)
 But I do dread trying to figure out what I want to change in my life for the year so I can be a 'new person'. So I'm going to try something a little different this time.

Where did New Year's Resolutions come from??

It came from all the way back in 153 B.C. Janus, a mythical king of early Rome was placed at the head of the calendar. With two facesm Janus could look back on past events and forward to the future. Janus became the ancient symbol ofr resolutions and many Romans looked for forgiveness from their enemies and also exchanged gifts before the beginning of each year.

The New Year has not always begun on January 1, and it doesn't begin on that date everywhere today. It begins on that date only for cultures that use a 365-day solar calendar. January 1 became the beginning of the New Year in 46 B.C., when Julius Caesar developed a calendar that would more accurately reflect the seasons than previous calendars had. Although the date for New Year's Day is not the same in every culture, it is always a time for celebration and for customs to ensure good luck in the coming year.

Welp, I guess I should join the group and tell everyone my resolutions, right?
I didn't make three or four TOUGH resolutions, I made 21 SIMPLE resolutions.
 (some may be more simple than others.)

Why 21?

Because I turn 21 this year!! WOOT WOOT
So here it goes, my 21 new year's resolutions
(some are obvious)
1. Get a gym membership and ACTUALLY go more than once a week. (any gym buddies?)
2. Be less picky about the foods I eat.
3. Run a few 5ks.
4. Weigh myself every week and track my progress.
5. Grow my hair back to the length it was before I chopped it off (This will pretty much take all year)
6. Make new friends
7. Start saving money to go abroad next summer (Where? Click here  )
8. Start saving money for a wedding sometime in the future.
9. Turn 21
10. Skydive or do indoor skydiving
11. Create my first savings account (in order to help with 7 &8)
12. Go on another amazing river trip
13. Gamble for the first time (why not? I'll be old enough)
14. Read more books
15. Find a hat for Cash that he really likes and that ACTUALLY fits.
16. Study my a** off for a 4.0 this semester.
17. Watch the sunset AND sunrise within a 12 hr time limit.
18. Enhance my shot glass collection with a few out of state (hopefully out of country) glasses
19. Figure out two more things to put on this list.
20. Lear to do some awesome parkour moves to get around campus.
21. Survive past December 21, 2012.

Can I do all these? We'll see. I'll let ya'll know when I cross off one of these items.
(I guesss I can finally cross off #19. That was easy)

-Love, Peace, Chicken Grease
K.

No comments: